Saturday, October 06, 2007

Nikita Anand Opens up


The response to her latest film Dil Dosti etc may not have been very encouraging, but former Miss India Nikita Anand isn’t upset. In fact, it’s doing quite well in Delhi, which is understandable because it’s about students in Delhi University. Anyway, you can’t please everybody some like it, some don’t. I’m happy with the mixed response, she says.

And when it comes to her interaction with the cast, including Shreyas Talpade and Imaad Shah, it’s a typical ‘We had a great time and everyone was very helpful,’ response.

But the highlight of Dil Dosti... is an intimate scene with co-star Shreyas Talpade. Did she have any reservations about doing something like that so early in her career? I was very worried, but the director explained to me why we should do it. And I was also uncomfortable because we had so many people watching us. But it’s okay because the scene needs to be in the film, she defends.

Nikita is also aware that she might receive similar offers in future. I would’ve got such offers anyway; now with me having done such a role, the possibility of receiving ‘bold roles’ will increase. But I’d rather not do it again, says the starlet.

Didn’t she also brand Shreyas a good kisser in a recent interview? I didn’t say that and I don’t know where that statement came from. There is a kissing scene in the film but it’s only for two seconds, she explains.
Her USP, says Nikita, is that she doesn’t bother if there are 10 other debutants in the fray. I don’t bother about the rest, but focus on myself.

And what about all the affairs, link-ups and the casting couch deals that’ll come her way? It’s all part of the package that comes with the job. As for the casting couch, I keep hearing of it but have never come across such a thing, says Nikita.

No comments: