Thursday, September 20, 2007

I'm open to work: Kim Sharma


When she isn’t busy doing guest roles, Kim Sharma may just do some ribbon-cutting. The actress was in the city recently to inaugurate a fitness centre, but as always, even before the media could approach her, Kim had disappeared!

But BT managed to catch up and even grab her attention by mentioning her appearance in Heyy Babyy. Kim smiled one of her rare smiles, saying, “Oh, it was not a career move or anything. I did it for Sajid because he’s a friend.”

Her forthcoming film Boomerang may give her career a much-needed boost. Kim will be seen doing some heavy-duty stunts and fights in the film. “We just got back from Cyprus some time back. We were there for a month and I trained in sword fights and jumps and was even suspended in a harness from dizzying heights,” she says.

So does she think supergal heroines will find acceptance with the audience? “It’s great that action films are being made for women. It’s very different from the usual stunts that we see on screen. I think men find women in catsuits really hot.” So is she hoping to be the next Lara Croft? “Why not? I’m working hard to make my role appealing,” she says with confidence.

And is she ready to experiment? “I’m open to work. It just depends on my gut feeling. If I like it I might take it up.” And with that Kim breezed out of the venue calling out to her manager, who was busy pacifying unhappy scribes the whole evening

No comments: