Monday, July 23, 2007

NRI's wife blames Shilpa for break-up


Kavita Kundra hit out against the Celebrity Big Brother winner for pursuing an affair with Raj Kundra when they had just welcomed their first child.

The news comes after the stunning actor was spotted shopping with Kundra.

"Shilpa's a cultural icon in the Indian community but she's not what she appears. She can have any man she wants — there are plenty of single men. She didn't need to go after my husband," News of the World quoted her, as saying.

"Raj bragged Shilpa and her family had been sounding him out as a potential husband. I was stunned. Up until then I didn't even know they'd met," she added.

According to reports, things started after Raj went to Bombay (Mumbai) to work on a script and when he got back to the UK, Kavita noticed a change in his behaviour.

"He'd been away in Bombay for a month working on a script. I'd gone to stay with my parents at their home in West Bromwich. But when Raj returned to the UK he sent me a text message, which took my breath away. It read simply - Don't bother coming back," she said.

The 25-year-old also revealed that Raj was keen on bringing their relationship back on track, but suddenly things just fell through.

"I thought I had every chance but the arrival of Shilpa wrecked everything. Suddenly Raj's attitude changed and he wanted a divorce," she said.

Last week, the film producer sent a message to Kavita saying 'Lots of rumours in press regarding Shilpa and me. Dad says press were standing outside house all day asking questions'.

Kavita also said that whenever she tried to probe into the depth of their relationship, Raj avoided her questions or laughed off the topic.

"I texted back saying, ‘Is this your way of telling me?' He just ignored the question. Since then, every time I try to find out the depth of their relationship, he avoids the question, or he laughs," Kavita said.

However, Raj has denied having an affair with the Bollywood star and said that his marriage ended a year ago, and that it had nothing to do with the actor.

"We're just friends. I have a business relationship with Shilpa regarding her perfume. My marriage ended twelve months ago and it was nothing to do with Shilpa," he said.

No comments: