Friday, August 17, 2007

Anoushka thinks herself blessed


Youthful, devoted, focussed and intelligent – that’s Anoushka Shankar for you. She follows music with a passion and is often awarded the youngest achiever at award ceremonies.

Ask her about it and she laughs, “Things like my being the youngest achiever are changing fast – I’m already twenty five.” She adds, “Getting an award for the work I do or being felicitated on various ocassions holds relative importance in my life. For me, my passion and my music counts more than anything else.”

And does she relate to being referred to as a phenomenon? “I am not a phenomenon,” quips Anoushka. “I think I’m blessed. I’ve learnt a lot from my father. My childhood was full of enriching experiences and I like sharing the values and qualities that were inculcated in me as a kid. It’s great if kids look up to me. I always encourage youngsters to bring out the best in them. I was encouraged a lot when I was young, and I’m more than willing to share it,” adds Anoushka.

No comments: