Friday, August 17, 2007

'I am sexy, not vulgar:Nisha Kothari


After creating a sensation in Tollywood, sexy Nisha Kothari went ahead and became Ram Gopal Varma's favourite heroine, replacing the oomphy Urmila Matondkar. And now she is playing the new Basanti aka Ghungroo in Ram Gopal Varma Ki Aag, in which macho man Ajay Devgan stars opposite her.

Talking about the character of Ghungroo she says, "It's a very peppy character. She is a tapori who puffs beedi (hopelessly imitating her favourite actor Rajnikanth), drives an autorickshaw (called Laila) and looks after her parents. People are bound to compare this character with Basanti played by Hemaji in Sholay, but though both have the same flavour-- they are entirely different in attitude and have been treated differently. I am sure people will love me and my character."

Just a few flicks old, Nisha has had the opportunity to work with stars like Sushmita Sen, Ajay Devgan and Emraan Hashmi. She says, "There was a time when I would dream of working with these stars and today I am sharing the screen space with them. It is like a dream come true. The best part is that these senior actors make the newcomer feel so comfortable on the sets that you feel you have been working for ages with them."

Citing an example she says, "While shooting for this film, RGV suddenly asked me to puff beedi Rajnikanth style. Though I had practised the style quite a few times, I panicked and looked at Ajay Devgan. He realised that I was scared and quietly winked at me and smiled, which meant 'just do it'. The shot I gave then was perfect."

Ask her what all she does, when she is not working and pat comes the reply, "I either play video games, work out or catch up with my sleep. I don't party at all. I am a traditional person and like to maintain a low profile. I have a long way to go and I am concentrating only on my work."
But somehow this 'traditional' talk does not gel well with the speed with which she sheds clothes on screen and does passionate scenes with co-actors like Ajay Devgan. She calmly explains, "I have a beautiful body and can carry any outfit with grace. If I reveal or do intimate scenes that's only because I am convinced the role needs it. The director has to convince me that the scene is required and I know that I look sexy and not vulgar donning a short skirt or hot pants. Had I been doing anything unethical, my parents would have objected to it, instead they are quite supportive."

Not many know that the girl loves to dance. "You just have to put on the music and I can break into a jig. I love to dance and sometimes when I am feeling low, I put on soft music and dance," says she and signs off.

No comments: