Thursday, August 16, 2007

Rakhi Sawant, the social activist


Rakhi Sawant has found her ‘real’ calling in life. “I want to be a full-fleshed social activist,” she says. Er... what was that again? It may take a minute to understand but what she really means is a full-fledged social activist. “Yes, that’s my dream. Mujhe unki awaaz banna hai jo musibat main hain aur un sab logno ko sabak sikhana hai jo galat kaam kar rahe hain ,” she says.

And what happened to the screen siren, the motor-mouth? You don’t have to wait for too long to see the ‘real’ Rakhi.

Irked by the photographer taking her pictures non-stop, she says, “ Kya pictures le rahe ho ? Main waisI ki waisi hoon, paanch minute mein badal nahin gayi hoon. Bas karo.”

But if she goes ahead and takes up social work, what will happen to her latka s and jhatka s? “I will never give up my work. I am doing well on TV and I will continue doing it. And to back up her claim, she talks about doing an item number in Rakesh Roshan’s next film. “I feel so fortunate and lucky to work with such a great film director. I can’t ask for more.”

A diplomatic Rakhi? Now we will have to press the alarm buttons!

No comments: