Friday, August 03, 2007

There's no privacy here: Priyanka


Priyanka Chopra will like to term it a vacation. “I have been shooting for some advertisements and travelling around India for brands I promote,” she says.

But then, is that a working vacation? “Well, I also get time with my family,” she says a tad defensively and adds, “And right now, I am enjoying the drizzle in Delhi... that’s fun.”

So what is her best rain memory? “One day it was raining quite heavily and I decided to get drenched. I sat on top of my car and my driver drove the car around Mumbai. It was super cool,” she says enthusiastically.

There’s a lot happening in Priyanka’s life these days. “I will be leading the India Day Parade in New York on August 19. I am glad I have got this opportunity to represent my country in the 60th year of our independence. I am also glad that other countries are recognising the importance of this day,” she says.

Priyanka is quite thankful to the industry that has brought her such recognition, but has one regret. “I have spent almost seven years in the industry and I have had all sorts of experiences. Flops to hits, controversies to industry backing, good periods to dull periods – I have learnt a lot. I am also happy that I have been accepted. However, I dread the fact that there is no privacy here. But I guess nothing can be done about it,” she says.

Maybe that’s the reason why she never accepts her relationship status with budding actor Herman Baweja? “Oh no, I am very much single,” she emphasises. “There is no reason why I am not committing. I feel it will happen one day.”

No comments: