Saturday, August 11, 2007

Rituparna has dreams in her eyes



As she talks about the movies in her kitty, her excitement is almost childlike. “I am really looking forward to my movies which are to be released. I have played so many different shades in all of them that I have truly been able to explore a lot of what acting is all about,” she says. But she is skeptical of viewers’ reactions and wants them to accept her, love her and appreciate her. “Isn’t that what all of us actors want?” she asks.

She simply loves Hindi cinema for, it has no regional limitations, unlike its Bengali counterpart. “Talent needs to spread its wings and fly. In Bollywood, you get to use your full potential,” she says, and lest we mistake her for an ‘arty’ actress, she clarifies, “There is a need for both commercial as well as intense, meaningful cinema today. I want to do both.”

Besides her love for cinema, there’s her love for dancing. What with having done a lot of stage shows, choreographed her own dance performances and others’ too.

And then, there’s her love for Delhi. “ Chaat! It’s scrumptious. This city is historically beautiful and Delhiites are a warm lot. Another thing that I don’t miss out on when I come here is shopping. It’s a divine experience shopping here,” she says.

Dressed in a beautiful silk skirt and corset, with her fingers adorned with multiple rings, she talks about her love and life. “I have been married for four years. My husband Sanjay lives in Singapore and we try to match schedules and find time for each other.”

Ask her how she met him and she smiles and replies, “We were childhood friends and both of us knew that with our work schedules we will not get time to get married, so we quickly went ahead with it. We love each other a lot and fight a lot too. I have just come back from Singapore, and am already missing him.”

No comments: