Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Driving Neha Dhupia mad



Yaar, photo mat kheencho ,” says an exasperated Neha Dhupia to the crowd of visibly excited youths trying to catch her on their mobile. “These camera phones really freak me out. I guess there’s too much of tech intruding in our lives these days,” she says.

So, what are the other things that drive Neha mad?

“You could call me a normal girl with a mad streak,” smiles she. Huh? “You want to know the maddest thing I have done? I went shopping barefoot in London. I was shopping for shoes there, and by the time I tried three shops, I was tired of getting back into my own shoes again. So I just went barefoot.”

Neha’s lost oodles of weight, and she poses for photo-ops, sans make-up, her hair just towel-dried, with a confidence that’s refreshing in a star.

Did she get too tired of putting on make-up too? “Didn’t I tell you earlier that I am a normal girl most of the times?” asks Neha, and with a laugh, tells us, “I receive many compliments about my figure these days. And it feels damn good.” Oh well... “No, I mean it. I’ve been working out like a maniac.”

And? “And life’s been good the past couple of years,” says Neha. Is Ritwik the reason for this? “He’s special, my closest pal. But don’t ask me about marriage. It’s not a part of my plans for now,” she signs off.

No comments: