Saturday, August 11, 2007

Perizaad is treated like a queen


Unlike many of her contemporaries, actor Perizaad Zorabian has been extremely selective about her films. Despite doing fewer films, therefore, she has been able to deliver some fine performances in films like Jogger’s Park and Morning Raga.

In the city to inaugurate a craft store, Perizaad looked as lively and energetic as ever. Talking about the fact of being choosy, she says, “I have always wanted to do movies I can relate to. The choices here are to either get typecast in a particular role, or to carve a niche for one’s self. Of course, being selective can be good or bad. But, I have been lucky to get good roles in my career.”

The actor is said to have backed out of the Indo-US project titled When Kiran Met Karen , a film in which she was supposed to play the lesbian protagonist. Did she develop cold feet?

“I had read the script, and agreed to do the movie. It’s a very brave film, and not sleazy at all. But, when you are someone’s wife and a daughter-in-law, you are answerable to the family. So, I had to refuse. Although I would have loved to do the film, I don’t have any regrets,” she says.

Besides, she has given a miss to Sanjay Gupta’s Alibaug as well. “I wanted to do the movie. But, Sanjay wanted me to give him bulk dates of 60 days, which was not possible in my present condition,” she informs.

Present condition? The lady is expecting a child very soon, which possibly explains the unmistakable glow on her face.

However, that does that mean that the actor has opted for complete rest.

Instead, she says, “I’m working hard. I have started working with my father in our poultry business. The transition, from being an actor to a businesswoman, came naturally to me. As it is an expanding industry, it is a challenging job. And, it’s a very real world unlike acting, where I am treated like a queen,” she observes.

A boy or a girl: which thought excites her more?

“I would love to have a girl like a doll, so that I can dress her up in little dresses,” she says, adding, “But, more than that, I want a healthy baby. I want to be a good parent.”

Now, that’s one role she’d definitely love the most.

No comments: